Category Archives: motivation
Welcome to all my wonderful readers! Today, I will talk about a topic that all of us have stumbled upon at some point or another in our lives. An identity crisis – no, not a crisis, but an identity question. Bear with me – for I am not
FINDING NEMO – I am FINDING MYSELF!!!. We are perpetually seeking to discover self. Finding myself in life, my place amongst the society without losing all of myself in the societal goals, and finding my voice, my goals, my source of energy and drive is the perpetual task that never ends. For I truly find MYSELF only in the pursuit of my goals. For that, I seek goals that are ambitious, grandiose, massively and globally scaled to outlive me and even outlive my century. This kind of goal drives me to become a better person, but WHO is the person that I want to become?.. I will share that with you today, perhaps you will recognize some of the features in you (or put them on YOUR wish list). This exercise is important because it helps us realize our strengths and weaknesses. Once we know our weaknesses, we can go on a mission to DESTROY them.
But today lets forget about weaknesses…I will focus on developing qualities I DO WANT – the technique of repeating affirmations states that I should read this list 4-5 times every morning (NOT evening, because our minds are fully engaged at night and will simply filter this information out as garbage…our morning minds are receptive to suggestions because they are ready for you to fall back asleep…thus the usual filtering is turned off! I know this first hand , because years back, when I was renting an apartment in Athens Greece, I knew very well not to open the door to strangers. HOWEVER, once I heard the knock on my door at 6 AM, my “caution sirens” didn’t go off and I opened the door to find the POLICE at my door!!! Apparently there was a robbery at my floor and they wanted to question me. Had I not opened the door, obviously, I would had been spared questioning, but oh well…I was a good citizen so I told them I snored right through the night and heard absolutely nothing…)
QUALITIES I WANT TO FOSTER IN MYSELF:
- Organized. (To the point that my organizer is filled to each minute of the day weeks, months ahead)
- I Always stay calm and composed, I AM A MOUNTAIN susceptible to all weather conditions, I don’t let anything rattle my inner ocean. I remain calm and never get upset in harshest of storms/ life situations – harsh conditions “test” my inner strength, and I want to PASS THE TEST!!!. Afterwards, I can smile about it.
- VERY decisive. I AM decisive and opinionated but I need to make my decisions quicker and for that I need to sit down and foresee the scenarios in which I might have to make future decisions, so that I already have an opinion about something. A real leader, like a chess master, can precipitate several moves ahead and has a vision for the future: a wonderful vision sprinkled with details and clarity. I am that person who always has a solution for a future problem and who can bring out that vision the FASTEST!!!
- Constantly set goals and precipitate problems and their solutions. I am a person of the FUTURE.
- Work on my image – I am someone memorable, I always look good, so need to constantly work on improving my image and be constantly driving my ratings UP!!!.
- I have big ambitions. I have that ‘greater vision’ that elevates me above everyone else.
- I have high levels of energy and can stand up for my opinions. I accomplish that by being inspired by my goals, exercising, and being confident and positive. (It means eliminating negative people)
- BE RESPONSIBLE not just for myself but those who surround me (no matter their societal position) by assuming my own leadership at all times. I accomplish that by imagining that people’s lives depend on me and I need to be able to step up at any moment and save them, protect them/their rights, even without their permission, even if it means that I have to protect them from themselves (WHEN I FORESEE HARM). “I know better” and I will use my internal compass of right and wrong at all times. This leads me to be more selective with people I allow to surround myself with – these people have to be strong, healthy, capable problem solvers, and people I can honestly allow to represent me.
- I am an attentive listener and I know how to give meaningful praise to motivate people. In order to know more about people I ask the right questions, I learn what motivates them, I learn what they value (their values), what do they want to be recognized for. Real leaders know how to elevate and lift other people’s spirits.
- I have the ability to influence people, to compel people to make the right choices, to help them make decisions, I am liked and trusted.
- I am a teacher, I teach people – people love to learn – so I tap into their learning channel to teach them better ways to accomplish their goals.
- I avoid “unsure” vocabulary ( phrases such as “I don’t know”, “Maybe”, “Possibly” “I think” , “I’ll try”) and use confident vocabulary: Fantastic! I understand you Perfectly. Yes, of course we will! Absolutely. Certainly! Rest assured! No problem. I believe so! I am saying it confidently. With all my heart. It is a proven method. Consider it done. Definitely. Totally. In all certainty. Alright, decidedly so. Easily. Unquestionably, undeniably, indisputably. Honestly. Credibly, in all honesty, in full disclosure. Usually, obviously, completely. Really, for real, in reality. I know it will happen. I have it under control. I will find out. When opportunity presents itself.
- I combine 4 animals in me – the Lion (for charisma and invulnerability), the Snake (for ability to eliminate enemies and fire or let go of people who no longer serve me), the Fox (for being clever and diplomatic), and the Dove (for having a spotless “holy” image, mitigating but being above conflicts, and ability to see the big picture/see ahead).
- I usually take the invulnerable position of strength and I am a good actor — I know how to act out situations to illustrate them/tell stories and scenarios to illustrate my point of view. I am entertaining, I have a great sense of humor and I can make people laugh about themselves. Or, I can scare people so they can realize dangers they haven’t seen before.
- I combine softness and harshness – I am also very sincere, I talk sincerely and from the heart.
….What about you? What are the 4 animals you relate to the most and WHY, what qualities do you like about them?
As usual I’m glad you enjoyed my inspirational post and you too can now take a moment to create YOUR OWN list of qualities you can foster in your life. The number is not important – it can be 1, 2, 8 or even 15 qualities – what’s important is that you are committed to making a change for the BETTER in your lives!!!
Good luck and make it a wonderful week !!!
Wow, what an intense week! I learned many lessons, and set new goals for myself. For those who don’t know me, I am a deeply spiritual person, and I take my everyday experiences as spiritual lessons for growth. It’s my belief that each and one of you is a spiritual being first and foremost – we are different but made in the same image, and we function mostly in the same model…If you imagine people like cars, being driven on different roads, in different weather conditions, we can try and imagine that some of us have bigger wheels created for different terrains, and some of us have fickle handling, but all in all cars are cars(people are people): they have the same 4 wheels, the same mechanisms of functioning; although some vastly stronger and better made than the others. Some of us have “Sport” suspension and some have “Comfort”, for example, right? And even so, while we all drive different roads and majority of us will never meet (or meet only for a brief period of time while we are stuck in traffic), we are aware of the vastness of the Universe. We fight for our common rights as a humanity, aware of how fragile we are and our short shelf life. We try very hard to analyze ourselves and figure ourselves out: what is this button for? and what if I do this, will it result in that?
But being human, not cars, we KNOW that it’s not possible to always use logic. It’s not possible to always explain everything. Example from my own life: I am a miracle child. My mother was told she could never have children, and then, to surprise of all family and friends, she had ME. Could she explain that? No. Doctors told her that it was PHYSICALLY impossible. And despite that, she never stopped praying, she never lost hope. It didn’t kill her – we are talking years of therapy, hospital days, and painful medication, failure after failure and the difficult prognosis, she was told one day she had cancer. And yet immediately after the diagnosis, without telling anyone, instead of going to the hospital, she decides to go on vacation and take a summer time off her treatment. She comes back and goes to the doctor, thinking the worst: the upcoming radiation treatments, and the gruesome possibility of death. However, that visit to the doctor was full of shocking surprises: not only the doctor tells her that there’s been a “mistake” and that she has no cancer…BUT, THAT SHE IS ALSO PREGNANT!!! Something they told her she could NEVER have!!! How incredible it must have been for her!!! I am truly humbled that it was GOD’S WILL that I be born. He must have had something great for me in store, my life truly was a gift…and I don’t intend for it to go in vain…I want to express my gratitude to my mother for her incredible faith and love…I don’t know a stronger person than her – not even Arnold Schwarzenegger, not even a strongest man on earth could compare to her inner strength, a great spirit in her that gives her that angelic glow of confidence. I take my hat off to my heroic mom, whom I love with all my heart. She is the one who instilled an incredible will to live and fight in me – to never give up no matter what anybody says. Our lives are in the hands of God, above all.
….So what did this week entail for me? Mostly just tweaking my routine. Let me make you a few presents: I LOVE MAKING PRESENTS, including presents for my readers! So my gift to you is I’ll share a few supplements I started on, the main one is called Creatine, which is suppose to help with growth and energy delivered to your muscle. It’s only been 3 days or it so it’s too early to tell anything – the only thing I know it’s totally natural, it’s not harmful in anyway to my body, and it just helps to maximize my efforts at the gym – to lift that final rep. It’s not a harmful drug, not a narcotic, it doesn’t make you feel any different that you are feeling right now, and it doesn’t affect your thinking. For me, a health buff who does NOT drink alcohol, does not smoke nor take drugs, it was very important not to pollute my body. So I am staying true to myself – my body is my temple, and I feel good about giving myself a healthy boost, and helping creatine to ‘create muscles’ more effortlessly (BUT NOT WITHOUT EFFORT LET ME TELL YOU THAT!).
The second supplement is just protein, I am not revealing anything new here, so just continuing with my protein shakes before and after my workouts to amount about 80 g of protein.
The third supplement you probably heard about, and maybe there are a few people who don’t know about this one, is called ALPHA LIPOIC ACID. This healthy substance acts very similarly to insulin in the body without any harmful effects that sugar can produce in your body – in fact not only does it help in nourishing your muscles in conjunction with Creatine, but Alpha Lipoic Acid is a VERY healthy substance that keeps your brain healthy, repairs your liver, and keeps you from aging. Excited? I don’t know about you but I am!!!
So armed with these healthy tips, I hope you have an awesome weekend! I am going to head out on the golf course and enjoy this wonderful weather. Go out there and do something that gives you joy, even a little bit of joy goes a long way. For example I know, that for me, to experience this exhilaration and simple moments of happiness, I need to be behind the wheel of my CAR, to drive , to look around and rejoice the scenery around me – there are plants and trees behind that window, the skyline and suns rays, and then I get this feeling of happiness inside…my inner SUN starts to shine too!
Thanks for reading!