Welcome to all my wonderful readers! Today, I will talk about a topic that all of us have stumbled upon at some point or another in our lives. An identity crisis – no, not a crisis, but an identity question. Bear with me – for I am not
FINDING NEMO – I am FINDING MYSELF!!!. We are perpetually seeking to discover self. Finding myself in life, my place amongst the society without losing all of myself in the societal goals, and finding my voice, my goals, my source of energy and drive is the perpetual task that never ends. For I truly find MYSELF only in the pursuit of my goals. For that, I seek goals that are ambitious, grandiose, massively and globally scaled to outlive me and even outlive my century. This kind of goal drives me to become a better person, but WHO is the person that I want to become?.. I will share that with you today, perhaps you will recognize some of the features in you (or put them on YOUR wish list). This exercise is important because it helps us realize our strengths and weaknesses. Once we know our weaknesses, we can go on a mission to DESTROY them.
But today lets forget about weaknesses…I will focus on developing qualities I DO WANT – the technique of repeating affirmations states that I should read this list 4-5 times every morning (NOT evening, because our minds are fully engaged at night and will simply filter this information out as garbage…our morning minds are receptive to suggestions because they are ready for you to fall back asleep…thus the usual filtering is turned off! I know this first hand , because years back, when I was renting an apartment in Athens Greece, I knew very well not to open the door to strangers. HOWEVER, once I heard the knock on my door at 6 AM, my “caution sirens” didn’t go off and I opened the door to find the POLICE at my door!!! Apparently there was a robbery at my floor and they wanted to question me. Had I not opened the door, obviously, I would had been spared questioning, but oh well…I was a good citizen so I told them I snored right through the night and heard absolutely nothing…)
QUALITIES I WANT TO FOSTER IN MYSELF:
- Organized. (To the point that my organizer is filled to each minute of the day weeks, months ahead)
- I Always stay calm and composed, I AM A MOUNTAIN susceptible to all weather conditions, I don’t let anything rattle my inner ocean. I remain calm and never get upset in harshest of storms/ life situations – harsh conditions “test” my inner strength, and I want to PASS THE TEST!!!. Afterwards, I can smile about it.
- VERY decisive. I AM decisive and opinionated but I need to make my decisions quicker and for that I need to sit down and foresee the scenarios in which I might have to make future decisions, so that I already have an opinion about something. A real leader, like a chess master, can precipitate several moves ahead and has a vision for the future: a wonderful vision sprinkled with details and clarity. I am that person who always has a solution for a future problem and who can bring out that vision the FASTEST!!!
- Constantly set goals and precipitate problems and their solutions. I am a person of the FUTURE.
- Work on my image – I am someone memorable, I always look good, so need to constantly work on improving my image and be constantly driving my ratings UP!!!.
- I have big ambitions. I have that ‘greater vision’ that elevates me above everyone else.
- I have high levels of energy and can stand up for my opinions. I accomplish that by being inspired by my goals, exercising, and being confident and positive. (It means eliminating negative people)
- BE RESPONSIBLE not just for myself but those who surround me (no matter their societal position) by assuming my own leadership at all times. I accomplish that by imagining that people’s lives depend on me and I need to be able to step up at any moment and save them, protect them/their rights, even without their permission, even if it means that I have to protect them from themselves (WHEN I FORESEE HARM). “I know better” and I will use my internal compass of right and wrong at all times. This leads me to be more selective with people I allow to surround myself with – these people have to be strong, healthy, capable problem solvers, and people I can honestly allow to represent me.
- I am an attentive listener and I know how to give meaningful praise to motivate people. In order to know more about people I ask the right questions, I learn what motivates them, I learn what they value (their values), what do they want to be recognized for. Real leaders know how to elevate and lift other people’s spirits.
- I have the ability to influence people, to compel people to make the right choices, to help them make decisions, I am liked and trusted.
- I am a teacher, I teach people – people love to learn – so I tap into their learning channel to teach them better ways to accomplish their goals.
- I avoid “unsure” vocabulary ( phrases such as “I don’t know”, “Maybe”, “Possibly” “I think” , “I’ll try”) and use confident vocabulary: Fantastic! I understand you Perfectly. Yes, of course we will! Absolutely. Certainly! Rest assured! No problem. I believe so! I am saying it confidently. With all my heart. It is a proven method. Consider it done. Definitely. Totally. In all certainty. Alright, decidedly so. Easily. Unquestionably, undeniably, indisputably. Honestly. Credibly, in all honesty, in full disclosure. Usually, obviously, completely. Really, for real, in reality. I know it will happen. I have it under control. I will find out. When opportunity presents itself.
- I combine 4 animals in me – the Lion (for charisma and invulnerability), the Snake (for ability to eliminate enemies and fire or let go of people who no longer serve me), the Fox (for being clever and diplomatic), and the Dove (for having a spotless “holy” image, mitigating but being above conflicts, and ability to see the big picture/see ahead).
- I usually take the invulnerable position of strength and I am a good actor — I know how to act out situations to illustrate them/tell stories and scenarios to illustrate my point of view. I am entertaining, I have a great sense of humor and I can make people laugh about themselves. Or, I can scare people so they can realize dangers they haven’t seen before.
- I combine softness and harshness – I am also very sincere, I talk sincerely and from the heart.
….What about you? What are the 4 animals you relate to the most and WHY, what qualities do you like about them?
As usual I’m glad you enjoyed my inspirational post and you too can now take a moment to create YOUR OWN list of qualities you can foster in your life. The number is not important – it can be 1, 2, 8 or even 15 qualities – what’s important is that you are committed to making a change for the BETTER in your lives!!!
Good luck and make it a wonderful week !!!